This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Yard Manager-Equipment Management
Roll Recruitment, LLC provides permanent placement and executive search for International Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, 3PL/Warehouse Distribution Industries.
Company offers: Major Medical, 401k, Vacation, Holidays
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the overall performance of Company's equipment yards, to include daily equipment management, operations, and yard safety. The Yard Manager directs and controls all activities regarding the yards and equipment movement. The Yard Supervisor works closely with all facility managers in achieving company objectives regarding productivity, yard activity, equipment movement, yard maintenance, and implementing company policies.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an efficient method to assure equipment is accurately accounted and managed daily
- Conduct internal audit regarding safety, equipment and inventory
- Ensure the accuracy and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding all operating functions for yard
- Ensure yard management system updates for equipment status and status changes are maintained
- Monitor customer equipment pools to ensure efficient operations and meet profit goals/business needs
- Act as liaison to vendors for all equipment repair needs
- Initiate resolutions and improvements to all procedures regarding yard
- Assist with daily forecasting of container volumes to ensure proper scheduling
- Develop processes and measurements necessary to meet operational productivity goals and monitor process improvements
- Communicate and coordinate any systematic issues and/or development needs regarding yard and/or operational activity
- Be proficient in all yard and operational systems with ability to train others and troubleshoot as needed
- Assist with implementing and managing safety and compliance programs throughout all Company yards
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
- Take initiative, drives for achievements and accomplishes results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in planning, organizing, and supervising.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Organized and able to stay focused on details, while meeting company goals and expectations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform well with time sensitive tasks
- Can work independently but also a good team player
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- A good working knowledge of MS Office, WMS, and YMS systems
- High School/GED
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in yard management and/or 3PL warehouse management with an emphasis in yard and equipment management a must
- Able to work OT, nights, holidays, and weekends
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year