Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Ocean Product Pricing Desk Manager
Roll Recruitment, LLC provides permanent placement and executive search for International Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, 3PL/Warehouse Distribution Industries.
The Ocean Product Pricing Desk Manager will Manage USA Pricing Desk Team. Responsible for pricing for Import, Export, FCL/LCL, Drayage and Trucking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages sea freight pricing (import/export, FCL /LCL, drayage and trucking) team for USA
- Distribute workload effectively, monitor and maintain adequate staffing levels to ensure timely
- Act as filter between Sales / Account Managers , OMT, overseas offices/agents and US branches
and TLM's for rate quotes
- Analyze root causes of any service/performance issues by Pricing Desk team and implement effective
- Ensure discipline in only quoting when minimum requirement for answers to qualifying questions has
- Consults with product leadership to agree on client-facing pricing for non-standard
services, revise/update rates as necessary
- Adjust quoting parameters in conjunction with product leaders to maintain appropriate win ratios, yield
levels, and efficiencies for A,B,C and D level clients
- Establish KPI's to measure quoting effectiveness & efficiency to A/B/C/D customers
- Support execution of global, regional and trade lane SF commercial strategy & carrier policy
- Steering client SF volumes to preferred carriers based on TLM guidance
- Training of Pricing Desk team members
- Succession planning and talent development
- Supervise daily (disciplinary line) work of Pricing Desk team members, including completion of annual
- Conduct weekly meetings with Pricing Desk team & TLM's to review prior week results, any
challenges / issues, determine / develop corrective actions
- Meet weekly with OMT & TLM's to review upcoming bids/RFQ's to ensure correct prioritization,
escalate as necessary
- Own PPQ and manage relationship with Freightos for USA to ensure accuracy & maintain currency of
sea freight rates in PPQ
- Drive PPQ system development / enhancement as needed for USA market
- Regular audits of quotes from PPQ to ensure accuracy of rates, validities, T&C's, disclaimers and FMC compliance
- Maintain Pelorus side conditions tariff (ie: Length of Demurrage & Detention free time, per diem
charges, chassis per diem, etc)
- Monitor and maintain Pricing Desk KPI's, record-keeping, and quote follow-up timeliness
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Manage & maintain Pricing Desk KPI's at high level
- Training & Management of Pricing Desk Personnel
- PPQ / Freightos management & auditing
- Succession planning & talent development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 10 years minimum international sea freight FCL/LCL operations export and import knowledge.
- Significant sea freight pricing (FCL/LCL, forwarding services) experience
- Minimum 5 years management/supervisory experience
- P&L management competency
- Prior experience on pricing of multi-lane, multi-national RFQ's
- Understanding of pricing norms and differences in all US trade lanes.
- Quotation experience to customers, Sales, account managers, overseas offices and agents
- Understanding of various components required for international sea freight shipments
- Knowledge of market pricing levels for sea freight for USA import/export shipments
- Knowledge of dangerous goods , hazmat certified a plus
- Knowledge of various container space , weight and size limitations
- Knowledge of US regulations pertaining to import, export sea freight shipments
- Deep understanding of FMC regulations, including NRA and NSA
- Knowledge of US drayage, trucking and intermodal pricing
- Ability to read and interpret the complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, Sales, overseas offices and agents.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff, OMT, Sales and customers.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Able to recognize trends & recommend price adjustments accordingly
- Confidence to make decisions, influence across reporting lines
- Ability to analyze scope of service & determine corresponding operational costs
- Strong understanding & deep knowledge of ocean carrier contracts, rail ramps used by ocean carriers, US drayage & chassis management and US handling / service fees
- Ability to build consensus and secure agreement between various parties submitting sea freight rate components to ensure total rate competitiveness while covering all costs
- Ability to influence across boundaries without formal authority to do so
- Strong customer service skills and client focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes (Email), and Internet.