Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Roll Recruitment, LLC provides permanent placement and executive search for International Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, 3PL/Warehouse Distribution Industries.
Directing all operation departments: Air, Ocean, Import/Export, CHB, Warehousing, Sales.
Managing the station in a manner that achieves optimal profitability through operational efficiencies high-level customer service, utmost integrity, and with a strong commitment to the Company Global Goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with existing sales team to execute sales strategy. This includes, but is not limited to, personally building and maintaining a book of business and providing executive coaching and support to team as needed.
- Maximize profitability through strong, decisive and entrepreneurial leadership, while maintaining Company's high standards of quality and customer service.
- Foster strong relationships with customers and vendors to strengthen Company's position in the marketplace.
- Strong ability to recognize, hire, develop, and train high potential talent and provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
- Continually strive for additional value creation and efficiencies for our customers including improvement of existing KPIs.
- In collaboration with team, drive continuous improvement efforts throughout the station to improve our customer experience and to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change in a manner that results in little to no adverse impact to station or customers.
- Promote global teamwork by working closely with global partners to identify and close business opportunities and to strengthen Company's brand throughout the world.
- Ability to understand financial statements (i.e. P&L, Cash Flows, etc.) in order to maximize profits through sound business practices.
- Performs supervisory duties in manner consistent with Company's policy when hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, evaluating, and disciplining employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position supervises up to 100 full time employees and may supervise temporary employees from time to time based on projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in business or related field from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum seven years overall management experience with a concentrated background in all freight forwarding arenas.
- Knowledge of import and export procedures.
- Proven sales record in securing and maintaining customer base.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as freight rates, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, strong attention to details, ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Proficient in world geography, import/export documentation, and Incoterms.
- Team player within company.
- Multitask oriented and able to work in a fast environment.
- Ability to recognize practical and appropriate solutions to business problems.
- Ability to lead, plan, and manage change.
- Ability to plan budgets and then work within these planned budgets. High level of endurance to be effective in a demanding market.
- Ability and skills to effectively build teams and facilitate and empower staff and teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, Lotus Notes, and other applications as required.