Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Ocean Freight Manager
Roll Recruitment, LLC provides permanent placement and executive search for International Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, 3PL/Warehouse Distribution Industries.
Multi-National International Freight Forwarding Co.
Ocean Freight Manager will lead the Ocean Freight department in Import and Export.
Monitor/handle administrative functions, such as:
- Cargo Sales Report (CSR);
- Shipping Run;
- Accounts Receivables (A/R), foreign and inter-company payables;
- Visit principle customers regularly and accompany Sales staff on visits, if needed
- Assure proper information flow with Sales on changes and/or problems with external customers
- Ensure proper training and education of the department staff and procure cross-training
- Monitor workload and adjust, if necessary
- *Manages and controls all ground cost margins and prepares monthly activity / revenue report. Prepares and provides customers and overseas offices with rate quotations
- Liaison with all related vendors to ensure the highest level of service is achieved as well as assists and answers customer inquiries and other related customer service functions.
- Coordinate import and export customer shipments, including FCL and LCL.
- Ensure staff quality and timely completion of assignments.
- Responsible for the resolution of accounting problems for the Ocean product area.
- Responsible to ensure compliance of all company regulations relating to operations and human resource policies.
- Industry experience: minimum 5 years
- Management experience: minimum 2 years
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Ocean Freight (Export & Import) environment
- Vendor Management, Carrier Negotiations
- Advanced competency in all aspects of business administration
- People Management and Leadership, Training & Development, Performance Management
- Organizational Skills (prioritize, plan, assign and control)
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- Decision-making capabilities
Company offers: Major Medical, 401k, Manager Bonus program