This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Roll Recruitment, LLC provides permanent placement and executive search for International Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, 3PL/Warehouse Distribution Industries.
Our Client: Multi-Facility, National Supply Chain and Warehouse Distribution Company
Seeking: Facility Manager
Company offers: Major Medical, 401k, Vacation, Holidays
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the overall management of all aspects of SP (Stored Procedure) Warehousing Operations in order to ensure that all Company policies are followed and that operating groups work in the most efficient manner possible to ensure maximum results are realized. Coordinates warehouse activities with area managers to ensure all daily tasks are accomplished. Provides leadership, direction, and administration of all aspects of the Division activities to ensure accomplishment of objectives.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximize profits by establishing business plans, achieving forecasts, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Review short and long-range financial development and management of the Division.
- Communicate with corporate office to achieve corporate goals, as well as division goals. Overall responsibility for recruitment, hiring, staff development, work scheduling, evaluation, discipline, salary recommendations, terminations, and retention of Division staff.
- Establish and assess employee goals; review employee performance by identifying strengths and weaknesses.
- Motivate all employees to meet goals.
- Ensure Division is in compliance with the company's policies, procedures, and corporate compliance program, as well as with federal, state, and local regulations.
Provide regular reports to the corporate office regarding Division activities.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth and development to keep current in latest issues related to industry.
- Maintain Division's positive reputation within the community. When necessary, attend hearings for proposed projects and meet with government officials.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility management. Must report any issues regarding facility to the proper party, and make sure all necessary repairs, adjustments and/or general issues are addressed and resolved.
SKILLS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving ability and time management expertise;
- Effective decision making skills; gathers and analyzes data; arrives at a timely decision goals
- Strong communication skills, leadership and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of freight operational processes and requirements (highly advantageous)
- Understanding of the workings of the Transport
- Ability to lead without the need for direct authority
- Hands-on, pragmatic work style
- Team player with a cooperative style
- Able to work under pressure
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management