|Engineering Co-op Program
North Canton, OH
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||02/20/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Your Career Begins at Timken
The Timken Company
The Timken Company engineers, manufactures and markets bearings, gear drives, belts, chain, couplings, lubrication systems and related products, and offers a spectrum of powertrain rebuild and repair services. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more than 15,000 employees operating from 33 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.
Our customer's success, along with the company's future growth, begins with you. Together, we make Timken stronger. Join us!
Engineering Co-op Program
Do you want real-life engineering experience in a global organization that will challenge you to better not only yourself, but the world? The Timken Company's Engineering Co-op Program is designed to prepare students for the transition into the engineering profession of their choosing by integrating academics with practical application and development in a professional work setting.
The Engineering Co-op Program is a rotational assignment for full-time students who plan to work for three to five semester terms while completing their Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. During the first semester term, the co-op will work 40 hours per week in an assigned Engineering department. Here the co-op is exposed to the other Engineering groups within Timken allowing them to apply to be selected for subsequent semester terms as part of a defined career path. These defined career paths are as follows:
Within all three defined career paths, co-ops will work daily with other highly experienced engineers who design, develop, apply, manufacture, sell and/or service our full product line.
The Timken Advantage
By joining Timken's Engineering Co-op Program you will gain the following:
· Real work experience through rotational assignments at a world class employer
· Increased knowledge of Engineering and other business functions at a global company
· The ability to contribute to the success of Timken while developing your own personal skills
· Enhanced public speaking and presentation skills
· Exposure to full-time career opportunities upon graduation from your university
· Competitive pay
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for Timken's Engineering Co-op Program are as follows:
· Must be a full-time student (12 semester hours) attending an accredited four-year university
· Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or related major
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
· Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours before the start of your first semester term
· Demonstrated success in achieving goals
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
· Strong computer skills, specifically experience with Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
· Ability to relocate for the duration of the program if needed
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa Sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.