Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Manage day-to-day sales activities and other business processes associated with assigned territory while maintaining strong connection between customers, engineering, management, Timken Drives & Belts, and Timken Corporate sales team. Position responsible for maintaining and growing market share of Timken chain & belt products and services for assigned territory.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans consistent with the Timken Drives and Timken Belts business plan.
- Identify, develop, and execute new business development opportunities, strategies, and tactics leading to profitable growth which surpass market conditions.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through regular face-to-face customer visits and interactions, requiring extensive travel and detailed post-sales follow-up.
- Proactively analyze customer needs and issues, utilizing formalized problem-solving techniques to drive continuous improvement activities and communicate needs (Voice of the Customer/VOC) to Timken Drives and Timken Belts.
- Assist sales management in planning, selling strategies, and market planning activities. Work with Timken Regional Manager and Timken sellers to promote, sell, and service the Timken Drives and Timken Belts product line.
- Continually update and maintain a thorough knowledge of competitors and threats in the market in regards to pricing, products and programs.
- Identify and communicate product needs to the Product Management team.
- Accurately plan and forecast sales by product segment and customer.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Sales or a related field
- Extensive Travel of 50% or more is required
- Must be willing to live within the territory
- Understanding of Industrial Distribution (Preferred)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.