Graymont's Genoa, Ohio plant is seeking a highly organized, motivated, and self-directed individual to fill the position of Purchasing & Inventory Specialist. This individual will play a key role in the plant Purchasing and Inventory Management process, consistent with Graymont's maintenance strategy (MAPUS - Maintenance and Production Uptime Strategy). The Purchasing Inventory Specialist will have a high degree of communication and coordination with other specialists and departments throughout the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive purchase requisitions from various plant departments. Research goods & services; quality, specifications, price, availability, delivery, freight.
- Create purchase orders from requisitions, ensure cost center and accounts are correct (taxes, freight, etc)
- Ensure Procurement to Payment (P2P), and approval processes are followed and high quality purchase transactions are executed as per Graymont procedures
- Facilitate accurate and effective communications between purchase requestor and vendor, to ensure expectations and requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure close ties to the supply chain. Establish & maintain good relationships throughout.
- Act as plant point of contact person Graymont Accounts Payable Group.
- Maintain purchase orders and purchasing related information in a current & updated status.
- Establish & maintain dedicated areas with proper conditions for all spare parts to be stored.
- Ensure all spare parts are traceable through JDE, and stocking levels are established, reviewed and revised as necessary for all parts in inventory.
- Regularly review and remove obsolete parts as required.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in warehouse areas.
- Ensure all maintenance employees are trained on how to use maintenance inventory system (search parts, issue parts, etc).
- Responsible to receive and stock parts in proper location within 24hrs of receipt.
- Assemble job kits for special work orders, shutdowns or as otherwise required.
- Responsible to ensure there is a strategy to manage all consumables in an effective manner.
- Ensure major part synergies are maximized with neighboring plants, and coordinate transfers to and from other plants.
- Maintain proper labelling and use of barcodes for all regular spare parts.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- Previous experience and/or training in supply management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs (Excel). High degree of proficiency in the use of (or ability to learn) JD Edwards.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.