|Sales Territory Account Representative
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||03/19/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Sales Territory Account Representative to cover aftermarket opportunities in a territory that includes Michigan, Northern Indiana and Northwestern Illinois. Looking for a self-starting, highly motivated individual that is results oriented with the drive to succeed both individually and as part of a team, with an ability to maintain and also grow the territory. The ideal candidate will reside in the sales territory and will have 5+ years mechanical experience, particularly in the area of gearbox repair. This opportunity is home based when not on the road, with expected travel to be 50%+ of the time on average. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager for the midwest region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Have an established in-depth knowledge of customers and markets within assigned territory.
· Visit customer sites and perform informal, preliminary equipment surveys as required. Provide direct liaison support to Field Service and assist in resolution of Field Service problems when required.
· General knowledge of gear component manufacturing and repair, gear unit assembly and test procedures.
· Knowledge of company product offerings and their related prime market applications and aftermarket potential.
· Create comprehensive quoted/proposals to meet customer's requirements and the ability to follow up and convert opportunities into profitable sales.
· Ability to assess and analyze the territory market needs and customer base to create an effective market plan. Must be able to gain intimate knowledge of customers, projects and strategies and be held accountable for it.
· Able to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency and sales effectiveness with the available resources.
· Accountable for accurate sales call reporting, quotation follow up and closing transactions in a timely manner.
· Accountable for timely submitting of required reports, including, but not limited to; weekly expense reports, weekly call reports, monthly activity reports, target account planning, as well as weekly itinerary.
· Demonstrated ability to perform closely within a team environment while at the same time possessing the ability to proceed independently when required with minimal supervision even when multiple priorities exist.
· Ability to meet deadlines, work on short lead times, and handle high stress situations.
· Flexibility to meet sometimes- demanding travel requirements and spend significant time making customer visits within the assigned territory. Overnight travel may be required.
· Exhibit personal confidence and professionalism in all business processes.
· Ability to build customer confidence in the ability of the company and you to meet their needs.
· Possess good problem solving skills with the ability to utilize persuasive sales techniques to gain customer confidence.
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software) and strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Applicant must have 5+ years of sales experience, gearbox repair and/or motor repair experience preferred. Bachelor's degree in a technical field, engineering, business or manufacturing from an accredited college or university is preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.