JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you oversee the air and ocean import processes and ensure CHB compliance in accordance with U.S. and foreign government laws and regulations. This position is responsible for completion of all documents and transactions in an accurate and timely manner. This position serves as a liaison between the Branch Manager, Corporate Office and branch employees to ensure streamlined end-to-end processes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Monitor and maintain workflow within the department
- Manage reports provided by the branch manager or corporate office (accounting/POD's/ KPI's etc.)
- File FMC's to Air and/or Ocean team and check existing rates in place for validity
- Assist sales with rates and transportation options
- Meet with truck vendors, NVOCC representatives, shipping lines to address any issues or to discuss future business
- Instruct overseas agents of shipping procedures for customers
- Assist import staff with any shipment issues they might have
- Provide excellent leadership to the department
- Meet with customers
- Complete shipments in accordance to the business processes
- The Import Manager directs the work assignments of the Import Specialists ensuring a fair and even distribution of work in relation to individual abilities.
- Conduct performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Recommend hiring, promoting and termination decisions
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Assist and guide staff in addressing and resolving customer concerns
- Provide training and guidance to staff members to further develop skill levels
- Review time and attendance of staff utilizing company time tracking system
- Ensure the business processes are implemented and followed by the department.
- Provide back up for the department during times of absence.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four to seven years import experience
- Brokerage license preferred
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of freight forwarding
- Prior experience in a global environment preferred
- Customer service experience required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment to achieve results, or independently with self-direction
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.