Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Warehouse Manager oversees the day to day operations of warehouse functions, personnel, facility safety and security. This position is responsible for timely and accurate distribution of inbound and outbound freight, special projects and communications with other departments and branches. Responsible for office duties and all linked surrogate activities: customer relations, customer invoicing, scheduling pick-ups and deliveries, inventory management, etc.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Manage day to day operations of warehouse and staff.
- Responsible for inventory management of clients for which pick and pack operations are completed by the warehouse.
- Responsible for facility security and safety.
- Ensure high quality customer service is delivered.
- Verify shipments for accuracy and document any discrepancies.
- Ensure any issues with shipment overages or shortages are handled promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure strict adherence to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Manage forklift fleet and schedule preventative maintenance checks.
- Ensure workspace / warehouse is clean of debris at all times to adhere to safety guidelines.
- Forklift Operation; driving or operating equipment as needed / required to ensure daily schedules are completed.
- Develop and own emergency management and other applicable HSE plans as per WW management guidelines.
- Resolve mechanical and maintenance issues.
- Identify and resolve personnel issues.
- Single point of contact for office personnel questions.
- Develop and expand staff knowledge for all accounts / cross-train.
- Ongoing coaching and mentoring of staff to develop skills to the highest level.
- Schedule all office and warehouse activities for the full day.
- Prepare all priority duties for the following days.
- Exchange of activity and information with other department managers.
- Develop and own emergency management and other applicable HSE plans as per WW Management guidelines
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Able to quickly and efficiently resolve any issues or problems.
- Self- motivated and able to motivate and coach personnel.
- Capable of providing rate structures for potential new customers, as well as adjusting rate structures, as needed, for existing customers.
- Perform other duties or tasks presented by Branch Manager.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain excellent safety record through the application of and employee accountability for safety procedures and applicable HSE programs.
- Able to operate basic hand and small electric tools.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
Apply Online Below