Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Customer Service & Logistics
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working "from farm to shelf," you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
The Logistics Supervisor role is a front line leadership role that is responsible for day to day tactical execution of branch operations and it's broader CS&L strategies. The LS is responsible for effectively driving execution against all core KPI's and priorities in the 4 major CS&L pillars of Safety, Service, Cost and People Development. The LS is responsible for developing the day to day plans (i.e. Order/Route management, Inventory Management, Employee Performance, Communication/Partnership with internal stakeholders and customers) to support retail sales and efficient loading and delivery of finished goods to local grocery and wholesale accounts.
Functional Competencies Gained In Role:
- Manage day to day plans including order/route management, inventory management, employee performance, and daily communication with internal/external customers and stakeholders.
- Drive key KPIs under main categories of (1) Safety, (2) Service, (3) Cost, and (4) People.
- SAFETY: Responsible for driving plans that reduce branch incident/accident rates, ensuring a successful AIB inspection, holding monthly safety/SHAPE meetings, ensuring effective and compliant pre and post trips inspections, and conducting a successful branch safety audit.
- SERVICE: Responsible for driving fill rates at or above 98.5% at the branch level through effective Local Planning team meetings, developing strong linkages and plans with Demand/Fulfillment teams, and practicing accurate inventory management practices in branch. Also responsible for ensure accurate order fills (Target TQA / WalMart ASN order accuracy reports), and route compliance and on time deliveries at the store level. Participates in cross functional meetings with Demand/Fulfillment Planning, Retail Teams, Customers Teams, and HQ Support including LPT meetings, District Sales meetings, and Retail X meetings.
- COST: Driving lowest cost per case in delivery and warehouse operation by executing against annual productivity plans, lean six sigma/BPE projects, and employee performance management. Identify supply chain opportunities and ensure issues are addressed in strategic and tactical plans.
- PEOPLE: Source, onboard, and develop direct reports and branch teams in multiple settings (classroom, OJT, Work-with, etc..) across entire operation (delivery, cross-dock, dry warehouse). Coach direct reports in order to create and execute development plans and support individual career goals. Manage local hourly employees (Union and Non-Union) including coaching, developing and disciplining and developing relationship with local labor unions.
Lominger Competencies Gained in Role:
- Front line leadership experience managing hourly union/non-union employees
- Enhanced skills related to branch management & DSD processes and procedures.
- People Development, team building, and customer orientation
Relationships (Internal / External) Internal:
- Problem solving
- Drive for Results
- Conflict Management
- Developing Direct Reports
- Local Branch Teams (MCL, RDCL, Hourly Employees)
- Demand Planning/Fulfillment Teams (Biscuit Inventory Planner, Regional Demand Planner)
- Retail Sales Teams (Regional Directors of Retail, District Managers, Retail Merchandising Supervisors, Sales Reps, Customer Category Managers)
- HQ Support Functions (Wilkes Barre Support Services, Customer Care, Routers, Processors, Continuous Improvement/Business Process Excellence Teams, LogOps Teams, MTEC Transportation Team)
- Fleet/Equipment Maintenance Providers
- Vendors (Facilities Maintenance, Operating Materials, etc...)
Lominger / Leadership Competencies Necessary for role & Level of Expertise
Functional / Technical Competencies Necessary for role & Level of Expertise
- Action Oriented: Intermediate
- Learning on the Fly: Intermediate
- Interpersonal Saavy: Intermediate
- Drive For Results: Intermediate
- Time Management: Intermediate
Minimum Education Experience Required
- SAP: Intermediate
- WMS (Winware/KWIC): Intermediate
- HHC (Driver Handheld): Intermediate
- Driver's Methods Training: Intermediate
- Zonar Reporting: Intermediate
- Warehouse Labor Planning (WPP); Route Composition (w/ Wilkes Barre): Intermediate
- Managing Employee Performance; Labor Management (Union); Team Building: Intermediate
- Local Planning Team Meetings (Linkage with Demand/Fulfillment/Sales/Customer Planning): Intermediate
- Federal / State Regulatory Compliance & Law (DOT, OSHA, Worker's Compensation, HR Policies): Intermediate
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.