HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for demand planning, forecast accuracy, product life cycle management, promotional and seasonal strategies, and ownership of the demand forecast that is used in the S&OP meeting for an assigned merchandising category(s).
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as subject matter expert and connection between supply chain operations and other areas of the business to provide demand planning, forecasting, inventory management, and reporting.
- Assists in the routine consensus demand planning cycle and ensures alignment on actions and works to resolve any disconnects between financial plans, operational forecasts, and supply constraints among other considerations.
- Communicates KPIs to cross functional partners and drives for contentious improvement in forecast accuracy, in-stock metrics, inventory on hand, transfer activity, and reduction of E&O inventory. Gathers business intelligence and creates specific forecast changes and executable strategies for proposed inventory management solutions.
- Recommends product lifecycle practices to ensure initial stocking, phase in/out, item chaining, or other triggers are adequately managed.
- Collaborates with cross functional partners in merchandising, marketing, finance, sales, operations, and inventory management to ensure business intelligence and baseline forecasts are aggregated to accurately project sales and inventory levels.
- Assists with managing the Open-to-Buy process. Creates, gains alignment, and ensures adherence to the Open-to-Buy plan.
- Collaborates with inventory analytics and management to ensure inventory ordering policies and settings (EOQ, min/max, safety stock, ABC rankings) align with business objectives.
- Owns the demand forecast for assigned merchandising category(s): facilities the monthly discussion. Drives for consensus, follows up on action items, measures performance, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 + years of work experience within demand planning, inventory analyses, and operations.
- Experience using advanced forecasting and/or planning systems such as JDA planning software and SAP APO
- 3 + years of hands-on experience in writing highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, Supply Chain Management or Transportation and Logistics preferred.
Job ID 2019-30654
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.