The Account Manager will manage current and potential customers in the Midwest with a focus on quicklime, hydrated lime and limestone.
The Account Manager will manage current and potential customers in the Midwest with a focus on quicklime, hydrated lime and limestone . In addition, the position will include identifying and exploiting market and product development opportunities in Midwest and potentially other areas of North America . This individual will be accountable for growing Graymont's business, meeting ambitious sales volume and price targets , and achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Proactively lead a customer-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives.
- Maintain strong relationships with all levels of customer organizations including senior management, procurement, operations, technical and supply chain.
- In collaboration with management, negotiate pricing, and contract terms with current and potential customers to achieve profitability goals.
- Provide technical and applications support to our customers on the utilization and handling of our products.
- Identify and develop growth opportunities in the covered territory and work collaboratively with marketing, technical service, product development, and other functions within Graymont to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Work closely with our plant personnel, marketing, technical service, and customer service departments to meet customers' expectations on quality of our products and service.
- Develop a key understanding of competitive threats and correlate sales planning and activities to combat these threats.
- Comply with sales support processes and systems including producing sales reports on customer calls.
- Accurately prepare the annual and long term sales budget and operating plans.
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts at the customer and product level.
- Proactively manage and assist in the collection of past due accounts.
- Actively lead and participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Attend and, as requested, present at Graymont sponsored meetings and training activities.
- Undergraduate university degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Business Administration, required; an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive sales and/or marketing experience in industrial minerals or inorganic chemicals.
- High interpersonal savvy with a wide range of people and able to earn the confidence of new and existing customers.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills (written and spoken).
- Able to set, coordinate, and accomplish multiple competing priorities
- Self-directed, able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Willing to travel greater than 6 0% of the time.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).