Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for upkeep and care of the building and grounds throughout the Timken Aerospace Lebanon facility. The primary duties of this position is in the coordination of work, projects, and activities of numerous services not limited to janitorial, construction, painting, and plumbing.
- Work with contractors to ensure proper safety procedures are being followed and quality work is being performed within the planned schedule.
- Maintain the facility infrastructure, including, but not limited to lighting, piping, flooring, and grounds.
- Layout, construct, and repair a wide range of woodwork and metal fabrication, such as piping, stairs, fencing, etc.
- Construct storage racks, boxes and bins. Construct office furniture (i.e. desks, book cases, cabinets, etc.) Construct skids/shipping boxes for products/parts shipments.
- Clean burners, change filters, blow down boilers; add chemicals. Take periodic chemical checks on boilers and cooling tower. Add additive into oil for burners.
- Maintain and repair sanitary plumbing within the plant, office and kitchen areas. Arrange for cleanup of any leaks caused by faulty plumbing.
- Install and repair all internal and external door locks, desk locks, and file cabinets, etc. Re-locks where necessary to meet security requirements. Re-keying locks includes replacing and adjusting tumblers and re-cutting keys. Prepare and keep updated a log of all locks and a separate log for all keys issued.
- Use various hand tools, table saw, drill press, chemical test equipment (boilers), power tools, and other related tools and equipment.
- Required to perform specified preventative maintenance duties. Use lifts or ladders in the performance of duties. Operate fork truck to move equipment/parts and materials as required.
- Utilize SAP system to document and perform work for maintenance as assigned by the team/group leader.
- Read and interpret procedural manuals, blueprints, and diagrams (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic) to identify conclusions or approaches to problems using logic and reasoning.
- Maintain required records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual/unsafe conditions to Team/Group Leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety, PPE, and environmental rules and regulations as prescribed by EHS.
- Participate in cross-training to be able to perform basic mechanical or electrical repairs if necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Working knowledge of elementary geometry, algebra and trigonometric principles used together with complicated drawings, specifications, charts and tables.
- Must have a working knowledge of various types of precision measuring instruments.
- Basic PC Skills required; SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
- Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.