Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a full-time electrical services technician.
Job Summary: Install and repair electrical equipment such as switchgear, MCC's, panelboards, and variable frequency drives (VFD's). May assist other departments within the business group with in-shop and/or field service work on electric motors, overhead bridge cranes, wind turbines, gearboxes, and related components.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and the national electric code.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads assembles, and electrical conduit.
- Pull wiring through conduit.
- Follow schematics or blueprints to install or troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Install and/or troubleshoot motor control systems.
- Connect all cables to equipment and ensure electrical compatibility utilizing equipment; such as multi meters and meggers.
- Start up and test the installed electrical equipment or system.
- Training other associates.
- Assisting with job walks and quoting as needed.
- Leadership and mentorship of other licensed electricians on the team.
- Other work as assigned.
- Excellent electrical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to work directly with customers, excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a variety of equipment and alongside a variety of team members.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- 5+ years' work experience in the industrial and commercial electrical field.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good driving record.
- Master electrician licensee in the State of Colorado preferred, but not required.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Vision abilities required: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly stand, walk, use hands or fingers to feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, sit, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed tor risk of electrical shock, frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and risk of radiation and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), working near moving mechanical parts, work in confined spaces, and work in high, precarious places.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken Motor & Crane Services fosters a drug-free work environment.