General Warehouse Lead
LeSaint Logistics is looking for a dynamic General Warehouse Lead to work leading associates to complete tasks assigned by DC Manager/Supervisor. Ensuring tasks and goals are completed
The Lead Person is to assist the Supervisor or Manager for the overall performance of the warehouse, and operations. The Lead Person plans, organizes, helps staff, directs, and controls the warehouse activities. Assisting in the selection, training, and motivation of the workforce are key responsibilities. The Lead Person is accountable for helping to achieve company objectives in regard to safe work place, properly trained work force, labor cost efficiency, employee productivity, customer service, efficient storage, accuracy and clean food grade warehouse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the directing, training and onboarding warehouse employees to meet productivity and service goals for each customer. Leads and coordinates activities of workers engaged in loading and unloading products from trucks and or performing any handling or value added function for our customer. Make sure that every employee follows the work instructions of the bill of lading, receiver or any specific work instruction. Operates in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes, OSHA requirements and Federal Labor law and requirements.
Equipment and Facilities
- Assists in maintaining a productive work team by training, motivating, apply sound communication, directing the work force in the most efficient way, praising, counseling, and recommending discipline as necessary for employees. Utilize the performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations. Assist with the productivity program in place and assists in tracking all important job characteristics, which will allow the Supervisor or Manager to be able to evaluate employees properly.
- Must make sure that all equipment is in good working condition, properly maintained and all safety equipment is being used. Must have proper documentation and employee involvement to achieve this properly. Help to ensure that all employees are trained properly on the equipment and they are operating it correctly. Help to ensure that the building is being maintained properly and is kept as a food grade facility. The security of the facility and integrity of customer products is mandatory.
- Must work very closely with Customer Service Representative/Warehouse Admin to assure the warehouse and office are working in unison to provide 100 percent customer satisfaction for all shipments and receipts. Inventory accuracy must be maintained by product and location. All Customer accounts must be given proper priority levels that allows for required level of operations, administrative support, appropriate contacts and response to special requests.
- Leads all employees assigned to them by his/her manager as determined by shift. This could be limited to warehouse employees or expanded the include customer service representatives, and maintenance personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Three years distribution experience plus High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. Pass math test.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions. Be able to listen to employee's needs and concerns.
- Must pass the written test and obstacle course for Forktruck Certification.
PHYSICAL & WORK DEMANDS:
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee will be required to manually lift and stack products that ranges from 5 pounds to 75 pounds. Must be capable of sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time. Ability to operate a forklift, order picker, reach trucks and other types of equipment and attachments is required. The work element will be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. This position is not in a controlled environment. Must be able to work 12-hour shifts and seven days a week if workload warrants.