Overview Qualified candidate must have experience in import/export as well as direct knowledge of ocean ports, terminals, agent and carriers services and their pricing policies.
Responsible for managing Customer Service activities for a variety of clients and oversee Customer Service staff on operational issues. Will be responsible for monthly reports and billing.
- Provides and improves customer service support. Monitors shipping patterns, performance and profitability of existing service to customers. Communicates with customers when there is a delay or other shipping problems.
- Maintains frequent contact with export, import and sales departments to resolve customer concerns and/or questions, and coordinates forwarding activities.
- Help increase sales by promoting new services.
- Monitor the container movement of specific accounts and adjust booking roll and revise if required.
- Assist with drop shipments for both domestic and international.
- Communicate effectively with staff, management and other internal/external customers to resolve operational issues effectively.
- Monitors communication with customers, responds promptly to customer requirements.
- Ensure effective operation and timely service. Demonstrate and apply knowledge of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits, programs and practices.
- Handle and stage sets for special commodities or important customer on their international and domestic shipments including triangle shipments.
- Provide internal quotations for import and export on both Air and Ocean overseas request.
- Function as the key escalation point for support, service issues and answer other general account questions on a timely and accurate basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- 4-year college degree plus 3 or more years of experience in the freight forwarding industry in export, import and/or customer service.
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager or Supervisor.
- Has direct knowledge of ocean ports, terminals, agent and carriers services and pricing policies.
- Must be knowledgeable with imports/exports
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors in person.
- Leads by example, providing energy, motivation, and trust to the department.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.