Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
- Plan, lead and oversee project activities to ensure the successful delivery of IT projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints delivering business value as outlined.
- Responsible for stakeholder management including all project status communications.
- Partner with the project management group to continuously improve the project management discipline across the IT organization.
- Serve as project manager for multiple, significant IT projects including but not limited to IT infrastructure, application development, SAP ERP Implementations.
- Responsible for planning, execution and management of all phases of a project through to closure.
- Establish work plan and staffing (internal and external) for project activities, iterations or phases, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule and defined budget.
- Define and implement project communication plan with appropriate project update reporting, acting as primary point of contact for all project stakeholders across the organization.
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope, issues and risks within, and across multiple projects.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project lifecycle.
- Coordinate business case creation, and monitor/report on progress to ensure alignment, and delivery on desired business objectives.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to IT team members, as necessary, to enhance organizational project management competencies.
- Proactively assess and provide recommendations for improvement in project management tools and processes to drive project management maturity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree with at least 12 years post qualification experience in project management. OR
- Master's Degree in Project Management, Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree with at least 10 years post qualification experience in project management.
- Strong Project Management skills including experience with organizing, planning, executing large-scale enterprise projects.
- Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects.
- Detail oriented, strong listening skills and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Expert teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to drive self and others to deadlines and tangible deliverables on-time and on-budget.
- Knowledge and experience across IT landscape: network infrastructure, datacenter operations, business applications development & support, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong organizational change management skills.
- Agile experience is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.