Import Specialist II – Customs Broker
Develops a thorough understanding of clients' compliance requirements. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position. Has a good working knowledge of Customs regulations.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends compliance needs. Ensures clients are provided with timely and accurate clearance services. Reviews documentation and communicates with clients to ensure compliant customs transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares Customs entries - air, ocean and rail
- Enters transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective
- Ensures regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensures documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepares all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversees and completes accurate billing to clients based on established client pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Establishes knowledge of Inco terms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- Provides support to coworkers in training and audit oversight.
- Prepares timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Maintains courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations
- Establishes and maintains all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- 5 years operational experience in preparing, filing and auditing Customs entries.
- Experienced in working with Participating Government Agencies involved in the customs clearance process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics preferred.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Customs entry software, spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Word) applications required. Experience in CargoWise One platform is beneficial.
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e. Customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
- Some Leadership experience preferred as this is a senior level operations position.
MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics (MIQ), is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of logistics professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many more. With operations in North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, MIQ provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills and take on greater responsibilities, MIQ offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
MIQ is a leading provider of supply chain management and global logistics services in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia started in 2000. Over the years, our business has seen many changes. What has not changed is our steadfast commitment to service excellence and improving our customers' bottom-line performance.-
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. MIQ employees understand that customer service is our first priority and at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts.-
To learn more about MIQ Logistics, a company of Noatum Logistics, www.miq.com .