Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position provides technical direction, analysis, assistance and project management to support manufacturing concepts and processes throughout our global footprint. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support new plant/product/process start-ups around the world and continuous improvement activities at existing manufacturing facilities. This position is specifically responsible for the finishing processes used in bearing manufacturing. The Ideal candidate will be someone who has the capability and career desire to grow and develop into a process specialist/leader in this area.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT - Apply advanced technical knowledge in bearing manufacturing finishing processes, specifically grinding (experience in centerless grinding preferred). Support the development and implementations of Grinding processes and equipment rebuilds/upgrades/runoff, installations, debug, startups, troubleshooting, as well as defining specifications for new equipment. Knowledge of grinding cycle design and optimization, technical support/problem-solving through process development, process modeling, and data analysis skills including process capability study analysis. Make technical recommendations for manufacturing solutions throughout the global business. Develop strong technical relationships with peers at the global plant sites and focus on knowledge transfer to them.
- TECHNICAL STRATEGY - Assist in technical strategy development for deployment of bearing manufacturing processes.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Technically lead and support capital investment efforts required for Timken's business growth initiatives globally. This includes project leadership, specification/selection of new assets or upgrades in technology to existing equipment, asset implementation into the plant's site, and delivery of a total process technology package to the plants. This also includes creation of Appropriation Requisitions (AR's) including basic business case analysis, cost tracking/forecasting of spending, and timely completion of projects within budget.
- PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION - Execute analysis to support global product/process rationalization efforts. Perform manufacturing process benchmarking analysis and manufacturing cost comparisons across the Large Bore manufacturing plants.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Utilize project management tools for key departmental projects including project and resource planning, and implement corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Technically support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Provide an environment and process for CI activities within the business by working with the manufacturing plant teams to identify CI solutions, and then follow through with implementation support and evaluation.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required, averaging 25% of the time.
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Demonstrated project management skills
Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Professional and effective communication skills
Ability to develop and present recommendations for technical applications
Strength in working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 4 years of relevant experience in finishing processes such as grinding (centerless grinding preferred); or
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering and at least 1 year of relevant experience in finishing processes such as grinding (centerless grinding preferred).
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.