Overview The Import Agent I (NVOCC) is responsible for "breaking apart" consolidated freight shipments imported into the US via ocean carriers. The Import Agent I is engaged in the preparation of files, distribution of documents, collection of funds associated with the breakdown (break bulk) of import consolidations.
- Efficient "break down" of consolidated freight shipments imported into the US - Compiling master bills and breaking down consolidation into house bills . Verify system generated information with actual documents and ensure accuracy
- Maintain files: enter file data, including but not limited to -- opening the file, entering and updating on-line system with applicable data elements, billing the file, issuing applicable forms and documents, and closing the file.
- Communicate clearly, timely and effectively with overseas offices, agents, customers and domestic vendors - notify arrival of shipments, distribute documentation, track movement of shipment from origin to destination which may involve arranging release and delivery at destination according to customer requirements, pro-actively communicate status of shipments and process "exceptions" (shipments on delayed flights, split shipments etc).
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to the break bulk department - prints invoices for house bills, amends incorrect air freight rates, transfer fees; revises prepaid/collect charges , files claims in case of damaged goods .
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in an ocean import department of a freight forwarder or custom house broker.
- Possesses excellent data entry skills and customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Understands the processes and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order placement to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.