Customer Service Representative - Dispatcher
Harbor Island, Seattle
Represent PCC Logistics in a professional and courteous manner when interacting with our customers, vendors, and other industry and regulatory organizations. In accordance with the training received, complete each job function as detailed herein, by efficiently prioritizing, organizing, coordinating, and executing all workflow functions meeting prescribed standards for quality and timeliness.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The position of Customer Service Representative - Dispatcher requires a motivated person that is detail oriented and is able to work as a team member. Depending on the needs of this company other assignments may be added to this job description as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prioritize and coordinate all railcar/truck traffic, communicating daily in a professional and thorough manner with customers providing daily updates regarding inbound rail/truck status. Become knowledgeable of specific customer needs regarding information reporting formats.
- Maintain accurate and updated information in the PCC database regarding incoming rail/truck order instructions; create individual files for each, and track that information on production boards, according to standardized work procedures.
- Prioritize and coordinate trucking activity with other customer service personnel and with warehouse operations such that maximum efficiencies are established and maintained at all times based on proper workflow planning efforts. Insure that all trucking activities can be completed efficiently prior to dispatching trucks by confirming availability of equipment and verifying booking information.
- Review and prepare driver settlements daily. Maintain all safety and DOT compliance documentation for Truck Owner Operators, ensuring that all documentation submitted is completed accurately and on time.
- Network with other PCC Logistics dispatch personnel, with steamship line and port terminal personnel so as to acquire knowledge of "Best Practices" in the market and to develop the skills necessary to successfully navigate through obstacles which might otherwise prevent uninterrupted service to our customers and increase operating costs.
- Develop a working knowledge of all customer and business partner requirements for information flow and proactively address routine questions before they are asked. Insure that customers and business partners send and receive information in an efficient and proactive fashion by setting the example and coaching others to do the same.
- Prepare accurate invoicing for rail / truck transloads, verifying all applicable charges are rebilled correctly within 48 hours of the work being completed. In all instances where customers request accessorial services and / or must be charged for services that fall outside the scope of the standard schedule of fees, secure written authorization for such charges in advance of incurring the related expenses.
- Communicate daily yard checks, production report, invoice submissions and rail traces.
- Be open to change and actively support continuous improvement initiatives. Seek opportunities to cross-train in other CSR positions whenever possible.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by Management
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree preferred, or three (3) years Business or related fields.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to sit at a workstation or in meetings for extended periods.
- Ability to stand and work throughout the day.
- Occasional ability to lift, carry and move parcels weighing up to 25 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
This position is for local residents only.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in the English language.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills accurately.
- Must possess moderate to excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- 10 Key by touch skills a must
- General knowledge of warehouse & transportation practices
- Detailed oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Organizational skills with an eye towards detail
- Must have an understanding of corporate culture and understanding of the transportation industry.