The Plant Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will be planning all maintenance activities at the Plant and will execute the planning and scheduling function consistent with Graymont's' MAPUS initiative (Maintenance and Production Uptime Strategy).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure safety considerations are given top priority in work order planning.
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance work for electricians, mechanics, and contractors.
- Work directly with Maintenance and Production Supervisors to plan preventative and corrective maintenance work orders, develop weekly and long-term schedules, and plan plant shutdowns.
- Hold weekly planning /scheduling meetings with maintenance and production supervisors to determine short and long term priorities. Schedule maintenance activities to ensure the priorities are satisfied.
- Define safe work procedures, best practices, PPE, tools, and equipment to be included in work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Accurately estimate job hours by trade, parts and resources required for all planned work orders.
- Manage appropriate level of planned work order backlog at all times.
- Maintain complete and accurate records/plans within CMMS (computerized maintenance management system).
- Train maintenance/operations personnel in proper use of CMMS to ensure highest quality work orders are produced and maintained for future reference.
- Manage Repair and Maintenance costs to budget.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team.
- Actively participate to ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environment, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become World Class.
- Proven track record of safe work and safety leadership.
- College or University degree in a related field plus a minimum of 5 years' experience, or Journeyman (Heavy Duty Mechanic, Millwright or Electrician), with a minimum of 10+ years heavy industrial experience (maintenance, production or engineering and preferably supervisory experience) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understand relationship between management, maintenance, and operations.
- Proven planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working with CMMS in an industrial operation.
- A high level of computer skills (JDE, Excel and MSOffice) and capable of learning new applications