Key Account Manager
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will continually look for opportunities to improve our day-to-day execution of the service we deliver to our accounts on a global basis, as well as identify business development opportunities that will increase annual GP contribution.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
The two key duties of a Key Account Manager are business retention and development and both include tactical and strategic responsibilities.
Tactical retention responsibilities for assigned accounts include:
- Lead and manage the implementation of any new services in collaboration with the appropriate operational stay at all origins/destinations
- Create, distribute, and maintain Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) in collaboration with Sales, Operations, and Finance
- Penetrate organizational structure and develop relationship beyond main points of contact
- Ensure each branch servicing the account understands the SOPs and executes accordingly
- Maintain rates and assess yields on a monthly basis
- Monitor account for timely payments and assist with collections on past due invoices
- Set up internal reports to monitor our performance in meeting critical milestones
- Immediately communicate any issues or exceptions to Operations
- Enter all meeting notes, action items, complaints, compliments into CRM and distribute to appropriate people in global network
- Assign a corrective action to every issue/complaint and follow-up on effectiveness of corrective action to ensure client satisfaction with the resolution
- Manage and lead business reviews; establish a quarterly review cycle, at a minimum
- Engage Sales and Operations to participate in client meetings, presentations, and business reviews
- When necessary, travel within region to visit accounts/account sites and branches to review procedures and maintain customer information/satisfaction
- Update status of progress on business opportunities
- Continuously focus on penetrating other areas of the business for additional support and to uncover additional business opportunities
- Ensure all company policies and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Understand accounts' business strategy, objectives and risks/constraints; continually focus efforts on providing solutions to achieving objectives and mitigating risks/constraints
- Continuously pursue and implement more efficiency and cost reduction measures
- Provide accounts with market updates (trade agreements, strikes, new capacity being introduced, etc.) and educational support
- Identify growth opportunities and develop a strategy to secure opportunities with the appropriate internal resources
- Create a business development plan with short- and long-term business objectives, initiatives and quantified value-added contributions
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the industry, or a related service industry
- Minimum one-year operational experience in the service(s) the account utilizes
- Good analytical and program management skills; ability to define, develop and document business processes and procedures
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Internal/external sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
Travel will be required (up to 50%) in support of the position's responsibilities
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.