Overview The Customs Brokerage Specialist supports the Import Manager in customs brokerage activities to ensure compliance with U.S customs laws and regulations and the company's compliance programs.
Responsibilities Compliance and Audit Support:
Customs Brokerage responsibilities:
- Assist the Import Manager in audits/assessment of import compliance and customs laws and regulations
- Process more complicated CHB entries on a daily basis, including acting as a customer advocate for high volume accounts and serving as a backup for the import entry writers, as needed.
- Conducts audits, trouble shoots, and monitors current CHB/CBP and OGA regulations to ensure compliance.
- Corrects errors and provides corrective action and training.
- Assists in JSOX compliance
Training & Development support:
- Interface with government agencies and maintain positive relationships
- Perform audits and report CHB entries, including air, ocean, & large key accounts, (such as Omron & Yazaki)
- Assists in maintaining customer bonds and POA's
- Develop and maintain current customer databases and regularly interact with customers and the Operations Compliance Department.
- Prepare Post Entry Adjustments and other post entry documentation
- Provide interpretation and guidance with CBP and OGA regulations and ensure compliance with US importing regulations
- Provide classification advice both internally and externally with direct customer contact.
- Assist in identifying process improvements, including providing feedback to other import personnel
- Audit accuracy and timeliness of entries and billing process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED. 4-year college degree is preferred.
- 3 or more years' experience in the customs broker industry.
- Customs Broker license preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work under pressure in an unsupervised environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner with both internal and external customers, vendors, and government officials.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions. Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.