With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Purpose of role
The Process Engineer will ensure strategic and tactical IL6S implementation on the factory floor to deliver the SQDCSM metrics for the assigned area.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Include all essential job functions
This section should include the primary day-to-day responsibilities & activities of the position. These should represent the "core" of the job duties.
Acts as Operations Department/Area leader for IL6S Global Efficiency (GE) improvement and waste loss elimination. Duties include interface with Business Development, R&D in the commercialization of new products. Acts as SME in IL6S tools and provides capability training to assigned team members, focusing on elevating IL6S technical skills. Responsible for managing Continuous Improvement projects in assigned area and ensuring their completion. Accountable for DMS and assisting area of responsibility with DMS visual board maintenance. Responsible for creating, along with Operations Leadership and the IL6S function, operating budgets and any capital budgets. Manage within budget. Participate in the business planning and budgeting process. Develop long and short-term cost containment/reduction strategies. Act as IL6S area coach to ensure an understanding of and compliance with the entire IL6S Process and implementation glide path. Responsible for personal compliance with all regulations, safety policies, and procedures that support Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety. Leads several improvement RCA and KAIZEN teams and simultaneously interact with all levels in organization. Accountable and responsible for action execution for a given area. In coordination with assigned team establishes and ensure achievement of all unit KPIs; Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including IL6S processes. Maintain understanding of processes and functional interdependencies. Recognize and escalate, as needed, those issues identified as potential risks to, or opportunities to improve plant performance. Responsible for supporting Talent Management process for hourly employees. Ensure Diversity and Inclusion meets / exceeds corporate standards. Proactively engage in the development and training of hourly labor and support such plans developed by plant leadership. Coach, motivate, and support team to ensure information flow, employee development, problem-solving, goal setting, and process improvements. Other duties as assigned.
- Works independently and with assigned team. Reports directly to the Business Unit Manager of assigned area with significant interface with IL6S Manager.
- Accomplishes results through coordination with functional staff within the plant, team members in assigned business unit and interface both inside the plant with key business partners
Preferred Education & Experience
Candidate preferred qualifications:
- 4 Year College Degree or Equivalent Manufacturing/Related Experience
- Computer proficiency (MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written)
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Demonstrated Troubleshooting & Facilitation Skills
- Able to successfully coordinate with other functions to ensure project success
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
- Basic knowledge of Industrial Maintenance
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Possess a basic Financial Understanding to ensure results are delivered on time and in full
- Able to differentiate types of problems to ensure proper maintenance support
- Has familiarity with manufacturing equipment
- Engineering Degree
- TPM/IL6S background and experience
- Prior leadership experience a plus
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.