Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Support the management team at Timken Aerospace Drive Systems through the following activities:
- Job shop estimating - Determine current pricing/sales value and furnish quotations based on current material pricing and sales market allowances. Maintain and grow a broad vendor database to insure competitive pricing with accurate lead times. Monitor machine loading and scheduling, updating and revising lead times as processes and procedures change. Prepare customer quotations for all new business. Prepare customer quotations for all products, new and repair.
- Customer Service - establish and maintain customers focus to satisfy customer requirements. Field calls from customers, sales, and manufactures representatives on specific job requirements, deliveries and other special requirements, distributing quotes, inspection reports, and other customer/sales related information to the appropriate source. Subcontracting out-source requirements - Manage vendor supply chain to support growth of sub-contract business.
- Expedited Deliveries; Upon customer request, contact any necessary vendors, develop a recommended expedited date
- Reporting - support and monitor tracking reports to insure accurate Won/Loss data and WIP. Travel - periodic travel to grow and maintain customer relationships, sales relationships.
- Manage the customer quotation from receipt of the quotation to the receipt of a purchase order
- Mature methodical approach to problem solving and achieving business plan shipment, gross margin and on time delivery goals.
- Accurate and timely preparation of inspection reports, quotes, estimates and estimated lead times, within established KPI's.
- Track progress of quoting accuracy of jobs to ensure proper quoting and procedural compliance of how the job was quoted
- Communication with sales representatives and customers to insure quality and delivery
- Managing out-source and vendor supply chain to insure timely delivery or products and miscellaneous parts.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Create Source Approval Request (SAR) technical documentation packages to include:
- Process planning for disassembly
- Overhaul Inspection Procedures (OIPs)
- Individual component repair routings
- Reassembly and test procedures as required per Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWR's)
- Ability to create shop routings from US Government provided technical manuals
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant experience
Estimating experience in a machine shop, or manufacturing environment
Strong project management skills
Ability to interact with customers, suppliers, and internal company management and shop floor associates
Ability to make decisions regarding job routings, manufacturing processes and determine alternative methods
Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PPT)
ERP or MRP knowledge
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) desired
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.