Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Equipment reliability is a critical aspect of driving operational excellence in the bearing business. This position will lead the development of the equipment reliability strategy and coordinate deployment across the global plant network. This position will develop a tactical plan working through the network of global plants that is aligned with the equipment reliability strategy. This position will also coordinate the deployment of the SAP maintenance module in new plant deployments and act as the business process owner (BPO).
- Develop and deploy equipment reliability strategy:
- Strategy to be approved by mfg. leadership.
- Ensure capital and expense budgets support approved strategic direction.
- Ensure plant resources and business plans are align and supportive of strategy.
- In partnership with the global manufacturing plants, develop plant specific tactics to deliver expectations and results from the reliability strategy.
- Ensure seamless integration and alignment of equipment reliability strategy with Lean strategy.
- Fulfill the requirements of SAP Plant Maintenance Business Process Owner (BPO).
- Optimize SAP PM usage and drive consistency across plants for optimal reporting.
- Approver access, testing function changes, etc.
- Support SAP maintenance module deployment as requested in plants outside of the bearing business.
- Ensure a strong understanding of current best practices in the reliability and maintenance industry and deploy those agreed to best practices in the business.
- Define and drive reliability improvement metrics in support of operational imperatives of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Support new plant start-ups with SAP deployment, establishment of maintenance teams, critical spare parts, preventative maintenance plans, etc.
- Electrical or mechanical experience in a manufacturing maintenance and engineering environment.
- Deep knowledge of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) process and culture in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated team leadership capabilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related with 7 years of experience
- Master's Degree in Engineering or related with 5 years of experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.