Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking an individual to fill a full-time role as a Field Service Technician to be based out of our electric motor shop located in Denver, CO.
Job Summary: Troubleshot, repair, test, and inspect motors and related apparatus.
- Perform scheduled maintenance activities on equipment.
- Support customer by effectively interfacing with customer and office in repairing equipment as needed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints:
- Identifying solutions
- Suggesting improved methods and techniques
- Recommending system improvements
- Keeps systems operating by:
- Performing inspection and testing process
- Troubleshooting breakdowns
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Responding to repair calls
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklists.
- Builds and maintains customer confidence by maintaining good response time, informing customer of problems and completing the job in a timely manner.
- Supports shop as a motor mechanic when not in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent electrical and troubleshooting skills.
- Electric motor experience with vibration, alignment, MCE testing, and on-site balancing required.
- Electric and VFD knowledge is helpful.
- PDMA experience and/or Vibralign experience helpful.
- Willingness to work overtime and travel overnight.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Ability to work alone or within a team.
- 2 years' work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good driving record.
- Must have a good set of tools.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift/move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift/move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to work from heights.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), outdoor weather conditions, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.