Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Duplex Grind Assembly Technician is responsible for performing surface grinding of bearing faces on a variety of finished special bearings. Set ups are very critical requiring patience and careful handling of bearings using special fixtures to hold the work pieces.
- Layout and plan work in proper operational sequence and established priorities and schedules.
- Reviewing and interpreting drawings and specifications, making exacting setups and adjustments, alter holding fixture, operate grinder, check work, make operating adjustments and maintain close tolerances and fine finishes.
- Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments and special purpose high precision gauging devices.
- Maintaining accurate and complete daily inspection records.
- Maintaining work areas and equipment in neat and orderly manner.
- Perform testing/inspections utilizing various test instruments and processes following established plans to determine conformance to specifications.
- Perform all tasks as assigned accurately with attention to detail per drawings, specifications, or other operational instructions.
- Will flex to other assembly operations as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Math, mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and understand prints, process sheets, and engineering specifications.
- Ability to use and understand basic gaging.
- Ability to use tweezers, microscope, bush buttons, turn knobs, or levers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic mathematic skills (add, subtract and decimals).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to sit or stand in one position for a period of time. Ability to carry parts from assigned areas to the work station.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Good steady hand movement skills.
- Ability to use foot pedals, and weigh scale.
- Ability to look through a microscope for long periods of time, including up to 8 hours.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.