Customs Brokerage Entry Writer - -Chicago, IL - req47133
• Provide impeccable customer service
• Perform audit review on all assigned brokerage files and payments to customs
• Maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation
• Process documents through the Company's ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases as appropriate.
• Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import account for services rendered
• Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence.
• Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations
• Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices
• Work closely with other departments to deliver high level of service to customers
• Perform other duties as assigned
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Ability to work with demanding deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
• Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized
• Strong PC skills
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail. Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
• Basic knowledge of INCO terms, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs regulations and other government agency requirements
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.