|Air Export Agent
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/23/19||Company:||Woodland International Transportation|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||2 - 5 years||Mailing Address:|
Woodland Group is seeking an Ocean Export Agent for our Elizabeth, NJ location. In this role you will review and process export transactions, including all related activities, for more than one account. Your day to day duties will include tracking of freight, and processing invoices while providing excellent, proactive, and timely customer service. The Ocean Export Agent maintains a strong attention to detail while ensuring compliance with all government export and transportation regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely, and proactive customer service.
• Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex Ocean export transactions for client(s), including booking, documentation, and billing.
• Process data through the company's system and submit shipment information to various government agencies as required.
• Check shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
• Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/delivery of freight.
• Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Ocean Transport Association and Code of Federal Regulations.
• Timely preparation of all required documentation (Letter of credit, Ocean Bill of Lading, Service Report Log, etc.,) for export functions.
• Close shipments and filing
• Ensure the customer is provided excellent service throughout the export process. including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution.
• Minimum 2- 5 years of relevant work experience handling full-cycle ocean export transactions in the freight forwarding industry.
• Experience with both FCL and LCL shipments.
• Computer savvy, particularly in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Woodland Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Woodland complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.