Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Ideally based out of Sudbury, Ontario or Winnipeg, Manitoba, this position will provide customer support to a sales territory in Northern Ontario and Manitoba. The successful candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Preference will be given to Mechanical Engineers or Mechanical Engineering Technologists with industrial sales experience.
- Manages assigned sales territory, delivering high-impact customer presentations that focus on the Timken Value Proposition including capabilities and solutions.
- Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Facilitates customer interaction and coordinates with Customer Service, Business Development, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs).
- Sales Plan Execution:
- Develops customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing strategies and new business attainment.
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process.
- Conducts face to face sales calls with existing and new customers.
- Liaises with customer, customers service and business development to ensure customer satisfaction.
- New Business Development and support of current business:
- Submits ideas for improvements to enhance existing products or develop new products.
- Evaluates competitor's products and selling/market strategy.
- Proactively identifies opportunities that support market / growth strategies, including new products and services. This requires a thorough knowledge of the product portfolio, customer base, market strategy, and business environment in a given market segment or Front End.
- Establishes superior customer relations through an in-depth knowledge of the customer's business and the industry market in which the customer competes.
- Develops and finds new customers according to Timken Canada LP's strategic plan.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years sales experienced related to bearing sales - or - a minimum of 10 years sales experience related to industrial bearings.
- Proven mechanical aptitude to provide customers with technical support throughout the sale cycle.
- Intermediate to advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous experience with SAP and CRM preferred.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Only permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.