Continuous Improvement Manager
The Continuous Improvement Manager will collaborate with a diverse team of professionals to identify, charter, and manage customer projects focused on cost savings and performance improvements. Projects may span the entire value chain comprising: Order Management, Manufacturing, Logistics, Transportation, Warehousing, Procurement, Finance, Accounting, and Trade.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• - Manage customer-specific Continuous Improvement program consisting of annual target setting and achievement, project identification, managing project pipeline, performance monitoring and regular program-level reporting to demonstrate program value (typically during monthly or quarterly business reviews)
• - Project management of customer-specific projects through the entire lifecycle(s) from identification of opportunity through implementation and ongoing validation of improvement.
• - Coordinate and conduct cross functional workshops with internal and external stakeholders to generate opportunities, feeding project pipeline.
• - Convert nascent opportunities into Value Added Projects (VAPs) with corresponding documentation, e.g. Project Charter with sufficient justification (analysis) to proceed.
• - Conduct detailed analyses to accurately quantify and clarify improvements designed to deliver cost savings, performance improvements, or other benefits to the customer.
• - Develop implementation plans, as required, to ensure projects are delivered as intended - on time, in full, and according to budget (as necessary).
• - Assist customers and / or internal operational functions with change management required to enable implementation of approved projects.
• - Obtain stage-gate approvals for projects from key project / program stakeholders ensuring rapid project delivery, and internal / external alignment on key elements of project(s).
• - Monitor project success post-implementation and track savings or other benefits, typically for twelve months, often presenting results to internal / external finance counterparts for approval.
• - Prepare and conduct periodic reviews for internal and external teams to provide a program overview of total VAP pipeline, program and project health, nest steps, risks, issues and support required.
• - Deliver against savings targets, typically established annually, which may or may not contribute to Kuehne Nagel's financial results (e.g. gain-share or pain-share agreements).
Your skills and experience
• - Undergraduate degree, preferably in engineering, business, supply chain management or logistics
• - Advanced degree in engineering, business or supply chain management a plus
• - Seven years of work experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain management.
• - Two years of work experience with project management, PMP or similar certification a plus.
• - Two years of work experience leading projects to deliver supply chain cost savings for clients
• - Proficient with computers including the following applications: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Project and Visio.
• - Extensive knowledge of supply chain business functions including transportation, inventory control, warehousing, purchasing, and customer service.
• - Ability to work with and/or manage cross-functional teams to define and plan scope for projects from initiation through implementation and operational transition.
• - Highly flexible and adaptable to change; able to manage ambiguity in an extremely dynamic business environment.
• - Capable of developing and documenting new business processes and/or optimizing existing processes as required.
• - Experience training individuals on new responsibilities, processes, computer applications, etc.
• - Ability to manage projects and develop a team of employees responsible for the execution of operational activities.
• - Utilize Excel, Access and other available tools to conduct data mining and analysis.
• - Utilize PowerPoint and other applications to develop customer-facing presentations.
• - Comfortable working with people remotely, often via teleconference.
• - Analytical mindset with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities and quantify their costs and benefits.
• - Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required to support project requirements.
• - Six Sigma certification a plus
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.