Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking an Operations Manager to join its Chicago Office located in the Elk Grove Village, IL. This role is responsible for the daily operational performance of the branch, including commercial, financial, KPI improvement, business development and people management.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Manages daily operations of branch operational divisions.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the Branch's operational staff.
- Maximizes staff and ensures proper staffing at all times – delegates appropriately.
- Ensures proper training and development of all staff, including government mandated training, such as TSA Security, DGR certification, OSHA required training and any other training as applicable.
- Maintains client relationships and meets the needs of client expectations.
- Develops and maintains customized solutions for the branch and clients.
- Manages Corporate KPI expectations and enforces Company standards & vision.
- Works with Branch Manager to manage the Branch's budget and sales results.
- Works with Branch Manager to oversee local financials including, A/R, A/P, overtime, and other financial aspects as outlined by the Branch Manager.
- Supports local, regional and global sales and branches to sell, win and maintain business.
- Works with Corporate, Branch Manager and licensed Customs Broker to maintain regulatory compliance, laws and regulations.
- Works with Branch Manager to maintain C-TPAT Certification and TSA regulations for the Branch.
Requirements of the position include:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 5 years of experience working in logistics or a related discipline with progressive supervisory and management responsibility.
- Working knowledge of operations processes as handled in the Branch.
- Ability to motivate individuals to perform and achieve organizations goals and financial performance requirements.
- Proficient in Windows programs, specifically word, Excel and Power Point.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
DACHSER offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
To apply, please click apply below.