|Health & Safety Manager- East Region (Warehouse Management)
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Collaborate with operations personnel to integrate Health & Safety into all activities and decision making processes at assigned locations throughout the country. Position can be based anywhere within the northeastern region of the US (Maine to Virginia).
- Prevention of vehicle accidents and work related injuries
- Compliance with company policies, procedures, and agency regulations
- Warehousing and Transportation safety management
- Monitor and analyze H&S performance
- Provide communication to Operations' Leadership regarding performance status and make recommendations for improvement
- Monitor effectiveness of performance improvement efforts, with emphasis on both leading and trailing indicators
- Provide regulatory interpretations and updates, support for Operations' Leadership, oversee effective safety training
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Safety and Senior Operations Leadership.
- Three years DOT fleet and/or general industry safety management experience
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Comprehensive knowledge of DOT, and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic safety management techniques
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and accomplish goals & objectives
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Bachelors Degree
- Flexibility regarding travel - average 3 nights away per week - includes some weekends
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation,warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.