Overview Purchasing Admin will perform duties to include: the purchasing of goods and services, procurement, and contracts administration as it relates to the business units of Yusen Logisitcs (Americas) in a timely and professional manner.
- Review invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Process purchase orders for the acquisition of supplies, equipment, and services
- Coordinate purchasing procedures with staff and vendors to ensure delivery of products and services
- Provide support to the SG&A payables team with invoice receipt and distribution
- Provide follow up on identified issues and discrepancies
- Communicate with affiliates and vendors on Purchasing related issues
- Research, analyze, and resolve purchase order issues by reviewing open purchase order reports
- Maintain measurements including exception logs
- Assist and resolve JD Edwards workflow issues
- Maintain schedule of building leases, equipment leases, and contractual agreements
- Retain files of hard copies of agreements for semi-annual review and approval
- Recycle recurring vouchers for monthly processing
- Maintain schedule of recurring vouchers by business unit
- Ordering and maintenance of supply and materials inventory (e.g. forms, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring items' availability
- Provide assistance to the AP Supervisor and other Management personnel and perform special projects as assigned
- Perform all job functions while adhering to the Company's policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of AP experience or related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard accounts payable procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers in person and over the phone
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and prepare reports
- Systems experience: ERP systems experience preferred, JD Edwards a plus. Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Transportation industry experience is preferred.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.