Business Development Executive
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics, and warehousing services, is currently seeking a Business Development Executive to join our team in Wood Dale, Illinois. Cavalier is seeking highly motivated self-starters who can identify and generate new business within their set territory in line with the company's profit expectations. Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program. Our company offers a generous commission structure and allows executives to earn commission for the lifetime of the account.
Cavalier Logistics provides exceptional service in the areas of General cargo, Government services, and Biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority keeps customers coming back year after year. If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner
- Ability to generate leads using a variety of sources
- Ability to sell across all modes of transport
- Maintain/update client database and appointments on CRM
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work out of hours when required to entertain clients or to complete sales requirements
- Experience in selling to Government Agencies/Contractors and Bio/Life Sciences companies, in addition to General Cargo clients
- IT Literate and proven ability to sell IT Transportation Solutions to clients
- History of sales success within territory
- 3 years-experience in Logistics/Transportation sales is a plus but training will be given to suitable candidates who do not meet these criteria
- High School or Equivalent
Benefits & Compensation:
- Family Oriented Workplace
- Years of Service – Low Turnover Rate
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 11 to 30 years
- 30% of Cavalier employees have served between 6 to 10 years
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.