Overview The Account Executive II is responsible for selling and matching Yusen Logistics Americas (Inc.) , (YLA) solutions for local accounts within an assigned territory and/or maintaining and expanding service offering within existing accounts. This position is based at the Seatac (Kent, WA) branch of the International division and works with the branch sales and support teams for achieving revenue, account management and customer satisfaction goals.
Responsibilities New business development:
Maintain and develop existing accounts:
- Develop new business opportunities through research, prospecting and qualifying new opportunities. This will include customer visits & developing relationships within the defined geographical area or market.
- Increase market share within assigned territory and achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
- Prepare and present proposals, m ake recommendations for new services, extensions, or enhancements and overcome objections to closure.
- Handle sales leads from international offices. Send sales leads to overseas offices as appropriate.
- Successfully close new business and on-board new clients.
- Meet sales targets assigned by management.
Coordinate and liaise with YLA branch operations and customers:
- Increase market share within existing customer base.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction. Resolve sales or delivery issues.
- Work with customers on service proposals, rate quotations, air/ocean transportation schedules for new destinations. Manage ad hoc pricing requests.
- Recommend and offer solutions for customer needs regarding export regulations, methods of loading, crating, handling freight and special equipment availability. Ensure full understanding of such requirements and service.
- May coordinate shipments with shippers, operations, truckers and carriers, on behalf of the customers.
- Coordinate with the credit department to establish lines of credit for new accounts and negotiate letters of credit.
- Provide reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems.
- May assist, communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted or joint customers.
- Pro-actively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all branch operations departments.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Participate in local business activities and events to gain networking opportunities and to expose the local market to the Yusen brand and value proposition.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in related logistics field.
- Minimum five years related account executive experience in freight forwarding, International Operations, logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer interaction - customer centric.
- Professional interpersonal skills.
- Persuasive and influential.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include, International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.