Class B Technician
The Technician B will diagnose malfunctions and complete preventive maintenance of tractors and trailers and similar equipment used in transporting cargo. The Technician B will play a vital role in keeping Cardinal's fleets efficiently operating and customers satisfied.
Duties and responsibilities
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment in accordance with DOT and company regulations.
- Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Will confer with drivers and other operators of equipment to help determine root-cause of malfunction.
- Will observe, test and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction and will disassemble equipment to replace or adjust parts and make repairs.
- Will weld to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts and assemble new equipment.
- Repair and replace electrical wiring and components of machinery and enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Requisitions parts and materials.
- Be on call as needed to support the operation in the event of a loaded tractor, truck or trailer failure.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of three years documented experience repairing Class 8 equipment
- Two years of DOT preventive maintenance inspections and two years minimum of brake inspections on trucks
- CDL Driver's license preferred
- Ability to read a limited number of two to three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.