Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The position of Sales Engineer is located in the greater Charlotte area. This position supports Timken's Aerospace OE bearing business. The position leverages strong commercial and technical skills and industry experience to recognize customer needs and apply Timken capabilities and technology across the full portfolio of Timken products and services.
- Understands and leverages the Timken value proposition, which includes providing value through engineering solutions, to maximize price and sales to grow and protect business
- Communicates the value of Timken products while eliminating price as an objection when delivering new products or projects
- Demonstrates leadership skills by influencing, driving for results, and resource commitment
- Provides customer expertise including leading customer negotiations, developing pricing strategies, and managing a portfolio of business accounts
- Owns the customer's experience: from initial contact, through the process of engagement, and into a long-term relationship while finding more-effective ways to collaborate across functions and levels during this end-to-end journey.
- Manages sales process for assigned customer accounts or territory
- Optimizes and successfully manages call plan to ensure calls are high value and efficiently outperform our competition
- Delivers high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken capabilities, solutions and value proposition
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types
- Utilizes CRM to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, new business attainment, and opportunity pipeline
- Actively gathers and submits customer and market knowledge into monthly demand planning process
- Takes active leadership role in the region to share knowledge, mentor junior associates, and participate in joint sales calls, where appropriate, especially to help solve problems and improve decision making
- Develops and delivers effective technical and commercial training for internal and external audiences that range from individual contributors in a shop floor environment to executive level leaders in corporate offices
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 4 year's experience working with, or responsibility for, progressively more complex projects that involve both commercial and technical issues, or equivalent years of education and experience
- Extensive background in working with customers and developing long-term customer relationships and partnerships
- Experience utilizing a CRM system
- Market experience in mobile equipment and heavy industries such as metals, power generation and mining are desired
- Aerospace experience is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.