Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
- The key purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, conduct, execute, or coordinate detailed phases of major efforts, or total scope of moderate to major size projects in the delivery of systems to meet business needs.
- This will be achieved through the performance of programming and analysis work requiring the independent evaluation, selection, and application of current information technology practices, business and engineering rules, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Position emphasizes a high degree of leadership, independent thinking, analysis, design, and communication skills at the system/business as well as the Engineering and Manufacturing level.
- Rules, guidelines, and standards must often be derived from engineering or business strategies.
- Leads project teams, regularly provides guidance to less experienced systems associates to support their training and development, and to effectively transfer knowledge within the department as well as to internal and external customers.
- Provide vision and direction of computer systems/tools to support the engineering and manufacturing business allowing Timken to grow markets for products and services.
- Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents and a good knowledge of principles and practices. Keeps abreast of new technical developments in the field, recommending and implementing improvement in use modern technologies.
- Provide excellent customer service by monitoring existing network and application performance.
- Design, create, manage web applications and client server applications in accordance to Timken I.T. System Administration Policies.
- Analyze functional requirements of a business problem turning them into appropriate system specifications.
- All databases, client server and web applications will include the appropriate level of secure access with extremely high data accuracy.
- Primary frontline support for all munitions/ITAR restricted engineering servers, databases and applications
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related degree with at least 8 years post qualification experience OR
- Master's Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related degree with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Computer Science theory and principles and Mechanical Engineering concepts.
- Ability to coordinate moderate to major programs and provide leadership to team
- Technical or problem-solving contributions.
- Competent understanding of the methods Timken uses to deliver project commitments.
- Advanced proficiency in multiple computer tools/languages and their corresponding operating system environments.
- Ability to organize and lead effective meetings. Initiative in proposing project activities within assigned area of responsibility,
- Web development (ex: .NET, ASP)
- Microsoft SQL Server database administration skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.