Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Inventory Controller exists to control all processes that revolve around inventory, positioning of inventory, receipt, shipment in the plant in order to effectively and accurately meet customer delivery expectations.
Record and maintain appropriate systemic data from all designated forms and documents. Maintain necessary records for all inventories within the plant. Move material as specific duties require or are directed to do so. Assist in training fellow associates as required. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition, and follow all prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Appropriate physical material movement throughout all areas of the plant per defined production order routes.
- Deliver large steel bars cut to required amount for production orders through the proper review, handling, and cutting process.
- Proper maintenance of inventory accuracy including performance of daily cycle counts, issuing and returning of all materials.
- Shipping of all customer and intercompany orders and receiving of all customer returns correctly both physically and systematically.
- Receiving of all vendor goods correctly both physically and systematically. Perform receipt, validate quantity, unpacking and movement of all material including vendor material.
- Distribution of all daily plant mail and packages shipped in.
- Perform all Stockroom & Tool Crib duties in a proper and timely fashion. Maintain accuracy of inventory in these areas using systems including required paperwork. Provide customer service to associates.
- Utilize multiple systems to maintain traceability on all raw material and production orders and complete/review appropriate assembly paperwork.
- Packing and labeling of all stocked product. Maintain all traceability for shipments.
- Maintain work areas, equipment, tools in a clean and orderly condition. Follow all prescribed safety rules and regulations, including but not limited to (lock out tag out, personal protective equipment, fire evacuation protocol, etc.)
- Train personnel as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, two-year advanced degree preferred.
- Attention to detail, able to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient & productive.
- Strong ability to follow written & prescribed work instructions/procedures & tasks.
- Strong computer skills; including but not limited to MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), scanning/emailing, AS400 and SAP based systems.
- Strong problem solving methodology for troubleshooting problems encountered that are typically dissimilar and have a number of solutions.
- Strong customer service skills, verbal/written communication skills
- Obtain & maintain Powered Industrial Truck/Fork-truck licensing.
Inventory Control Areas include: Stockroom, Tool Crib, Shipping, ABU, REI Unpacking, Steel, Material Movement
General Physical Requirements:
Check the requirements which are essential to the performance of the task assigned to this position:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.