Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a machinist responsible for machining parts related to gear and power transmission manufacturing.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a CNC operator responsible for machining parts related to gear and power transmission manufacturing.
- Extensive familiarity with CNC programs for 5 axis machining centers using ESPRIT.
- Identify improvement opportunities in programming, manufacturing methods, tooling, and fixturing.
- Ability to read and understand G code.
- Assist and support operators with machine set-up/operation.
- Work with other facility teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate productions processes.
- Assist with inspection and validation using basic inspection equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of work holding and tooling processes.
- Ensures that documentation is in accordance with appropriate QMS procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience in a shop environment turning/milling carbon steels and aluminum including machining set-up, tooling design, and machine operation.
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing of low quantity precision parts.
- Extremely capable in ESPRIT.
- Working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS.
- Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth of cuts required to maximize production.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, 3D models, and knowledgeable in GD&T.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship.
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- US citizen or a legally authorized foreign worker to work in ITAR environment.
- Read and speak English fluently.
- BS degree in technical field preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.