|Sr. BI Engineer
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||06/17/19||Company:||O'Reilly Auto Parts|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
The SR BI Engineer oversees the full life cycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the
Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of tables and the processes used to populate those tables with data from internal and external sources. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results. SR BI Engineers produce Technical Design Specifications that direct ETL developers on requirements for the ETL processes.
Members of this role understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills. Individuals must work well within a team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Design BI application technical solution based on business requirement and design.
• Executing deliverables as assigned including but not limited to:
• Performance Tuning
• Data Modeling
• Data Transformation Specifications
• Application Object Creation
• Schema Object Creation
• BI Tool Administrative Tasks
• Designing, Developing, Testing, and Deploying Dashboards and Report Solutions.
• Demonstrates expertise in organizing information by developing data dictionary and metadata structures, recommends changes in databases and data warehouse schemas, translates user requirements into data structure and elements, prepares prototypes, mockups, workflow diagrams, and flowcharts.
• Enhances department reputation by accepting ownership of BI systems, accomplishes new and diverse project requests, and explores opportunities to add value to BI applications.
• Validates Data to ensure data Quality.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Expertise in analytical and problem solving skills.
• Expertise in SQL Development.
• Expertise in Data Modeling.
• Develop reports, cubes, dashboards, scorecards on Microstrategy.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to interact with business analysts, peers, and management.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to self-prioritize work.
• Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
• 7 years of experience with MicroStrategy or other BI Tool.
• 7 years of experience in a BI position Exposure to data modeling tools like Visio, Embarcadero, Erwin.
• Certified as MCD (MicroStrategy Certified Developer) or above, or have comparable experience.