Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Setup and operate a range of furnaces, gas and electric, as well as other related equipment to perform heat treat functions such as annealing, tempering, normalizing, hardening, carburizing, and stress relieving on a variety of bearing materials and tools steels.
Basic duties are:
- Safely, correctly and efficiently setup and operate heat treat equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain necessary records and ensure that documentation procedures are followed.
- Prepare material for the heat treat process. Move material and parts as needed. Care is required to handle components to prevent damage.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to a leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Train personnel as required.
- Create and update setup-sheets and standard work procedures.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions. In order to meet the intent of this job description, the Heat Treater must obtain certification as required.
- Keep leader informed of all machine, quality and quantity problems or audits as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Skills learned to be determined by the group leader based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility.
Background and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.