Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR - NCLA
The CNC Machine Operator position is for the NCLA. This position builds the operator's skills and knowledge to efficiently perform and maintain the manufacturing processes to produce precision aerospace components.
- Perform set up and operate CNC machinery as required (Independent setup preferred).
- Use manual inspection equipment as required, e.g. height stands, micrometers, indicators, dial bores, verniers, etc.
- Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Read/interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time on a concrete manufacturing floor.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of CNC experience.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Aerospace experience desired.
- Basic understanding of math or industrial mathematics.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devices.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language (strongly desired).
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.