Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
Perform diversified duties to Set/Up and operate all machines in the Roller Manufacturing Area including Centerless Grind, Plunge/Surface Grind, Roller Chamfer Corner Grind, OD Hone machines and related Quality Control equipment to produce/manufacture roller bearing components in accordance with company/customer specifications and quality standards within the limitations of accepted practice.
- Safely, correctly and efficiently operate and setup all Roller equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain necessary records and ensure that documentation procedures are followed.
- Move material and parts as needed. Care is required to handle components to prevent damage.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to a leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Train personnel as required.
- Create and update setup-sheets and standard work procedures.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions.
- Keep leader informed of all machine, quality and quantity problems or audits as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Skills learned to be determined by the group leader based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
- Walking frequently.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Lifting weight up to 35lbs.
- Repetitive gripping and flexing.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Exposure to Water and oil based coolants.
- Exposure to Hone oil.
- Exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to powered and/or automated machinery.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Vision Protection; Apron; Impervious Gloves; Cut Resistant Gloves; Nitrile Gloves; Safety Shoes; Hearing Protection;
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.