This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Bilingual Sales Assistant
This role's primary responsibility is to maintain a professional relationship with customers by responding to sales inquiries in English and Japanese while ensuring our customers are satisfied with services. This position will work closely with and provide support to the Sales Team to ensure services are delivered in a seamless fashion.
- Ethical with sound judgement
- Possess a passion to help team members
- Reliable, follows through
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- Balances team's needs with goals of organization
- Outstanding written, verbal, presentation and organization communication skills
Essential Duties and Functional Responsibilities:
The following definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performing tasks safely
- Ensuring area housekeeping requirements are met
- Abiding by all OSHA rules and Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc.'s safety practices
- Meeting established procedures and productivity, safety and quality standards
- Providing assistance to Sales staff members (Quotation preparation, Rate inquiries to overseas, etc.)
- Creating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Responding to sales inquiries and providing customer service in both English and Japanese
- Maintaining up to date information for all customers
- Performing administrative duties for the sales team as needed
- Generating and calculating freight quotations and sales documents
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operation to meet deadlines
- Maintaining communication and control through phases of the journey, including the production of reports and statistics
- Maintaining contact with multiple overseas customers
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Educational and Experience
Requirements and Preferences:
- Must be bilingual in English and Japanese
- Minimum of 3 years freight forwarding experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- High school diploma / GED
- Professional and Presentable
- Enthusiastic and Motivated
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to solve problems independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting, developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Proven success in and improving quality, service, safety and client relationship in a fast-paced high-pressure setting
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and regulations (OSHA)
- Ability to pass all TSA background requirements
- Ability to understand and comply with Compliance Programs
- Ability to work flexible hours according to business needs
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Most work time will be spent in an office setting where the environment is climate controlled.
Vantec Hitachi Transport System (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.